Upholders of the 2nd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sen. Paul Statement on Border Security Amendment

Go down

Sen. Paul Statement on Border Security Amendment Empty Sen. Paul Statement on Border Security Amendment

Post by Rumrunner Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Jun 13, 2013

WASHINGTON, D.C. - This morning the U.S. Senate voted on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the immigration bill, an amendment that would strengthen border security. The amendment was rejected.

"It is very disappointing that the Senate rejected this first step to fixing the border security issue in the immigration bill. If any immigration bill is to pass, the Senate needs to be more serious about securing our border. I am in favor of immigration reform and I view it as an important issue that must be handled properly. But, in order for reform to take place, we must first secure our nation's border," Sen. Paul said. "Sen. Grassley's amendment could have been a good first step. I will insist that the Senate revisit this issue with my 'Trust but Verify' amendment."
Rumrunner
Rumrunner
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down