Upholders of the 2nd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Child ID kit event happening today

Go down

Child ID kit event happening today Empty Child ID kit event happening today

Post by Rumrunner Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:20 am

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 10:50 AM EST
By Lydia Camarillo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

One of the most important tools law enforcement uses when searching for a child is an up-to-date photo and descriptive information.

Pima Community College is giving families the chance to protect their child with a free AZ- Chip ID kit today.

The kits can greatly assist police in the crucial early hours of a search for a missing child. PCC and Arizona Freemason, a local men's social group are co-hosting the event. High school students will be performing the free services today; they are part of a federal grant program at PCC, which helps students from low-income families prepare for college.

The kit includes fingerprints, a color photo, a recorded interview and a DNA sample collected by a cheek swab. The child's family keeps all the identifying materials generated by the program.

Organizers say in the past they've seen all ages come through from newborns to teens. While the event usually caters towards children, because they are more vulnerable, organizers say adults can also go through the process.

This special event will take place from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on PCC's Downtown campus, the kits will be given out on a first come-first serve basis. Families can expect the process to take about 45 minutes.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now All rights reserved
Rumrunner
Rumrunner
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down

Child ID kit event happening today Empty Re: Child ID kit event happening today

Post by Rumrunner Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:22 am

I think I would be passing on having my kids tagged with a government tracking devise. How about you?
Rumrunner
Rumrunner
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down