Upholders of the 2nd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NY OSTEGO COUNTY FAIR USES OBAMAS FACE AS DART TARGET

2 posters

Go down

NY OSTEGO COUNTY FAIR USES OBAMAS FACE AS DART TARGET Empty NY OSTEGO COUNTY FAIR USES OBAMAS FACE AS DART TARGET

Post by Bravo4 Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:47 am

A dart game that used President Obama's face for target practice at a county fair in New York state is being dismantled today.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Fairgoer Abigail Czapsky submitted photos of the booth at Otsego County Fair to HuffPost yesterday, which show President Obama's face lined up alongside yellow stars in a dart game.

According to Czapsky's Facebook page, following yesterday's HuffPost story the booth has now taken down the offensive targets.
Target: Fairgoers were offended by the use of an image of the President's face as a target in a fairground game

Czapsky says the Otsego County Fair Board called her to apologize about the booth and explain that it was being taken down.

'Not one individual on the fair board, apparently, took issue with the game in any review that was done before the actual opening of the midway,' writes Czapsky.

'The quote was they "just missed it" at the time but would now be taking it down.'

More...

What a surprise! Obama tees off into his birthday weekend with a round of golf and a trip to Camp David
   Obamacare poll shock: 77 per cent want the individual mandate repealed or delayed, as the House passes a bill to block IRS enforcement

It is unclear what the prize was for fairgoers who managed a bulls-eye on Obama.

It's not the first time the President's face has been used for fairground amusements.

In 2010, a Pennsylvania amusement company was forced to dismantle a game in which players shot foam darts at a likeness of President Obama's face.
Apologetic: Organizers of the Otsego County Fair have apologized for the disrespectful game and are removing the offending images today

Apologetic: Organizers of the Otsego County Fair have apologized for the disrespectful game and are removing the offending images today

At the time company head Irvin Good, Jr, told Associated Press, 'It was just a big, big mistake in judgment, and I feel sorry about it. I can't take it back, but I can try to make it better.'

Kathryn Chapman, the fairgoer who complained about the game, dubbed Alien Attack and featuring a painted image of a black man wearing a belt buckle with the Presidential seal and holding a scroll labeled 'Health Bill', was offended by its inferences.

Players stood to win prizes such as stuffed animals by hitting targets on the image's head and heart.

'What is the message you are sending kids, that if your views don't agree with somebody else's, shoot them? I just found it incredibly disrespectful and violent,' Chapman told HuffPost.

'And this was the president, the highest office in the country. It was absolutely appalling.'
Read more:

Obama Photo Used As Target In Dart Game At Otsego County Fair In New York (PHOTOS)
Bravo4
Bravo4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

NY OSTEGO COUNTY FAIR USES OBAMAS FACE AS DART TARGET Empty Re: NY OSTEGO COUNTY FAIR USES OBAMAS FACE AS DART TARGET

Post by Rumrunner Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:56 am

I so love this idea. Think I may have to make a dart board for my house like that..
Rumrunner
Rumrunner
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down

NY OSTEGO COUNTY FAIR USES OBAMAS FACE AS DART TARGET Empty Re: NY OSTEGO COUNTY FAIR USES OBAMAS FACE AS DART TARGET

Post by Bravo4 Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 am

I use this one ....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bravo4
Bravo4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumrunner Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:39 am

Laughing YES!!!
Rumrunner
Rumrunner
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down