Upholders of the 2nd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former Associate Exposes Bloomberg Gun Grabbers… “defrauded by Bloomberg and MAIG”

Go down

Former Associate Exposes Bloomberg Gun Grabbers… “defrauded by Bloomberg and MAIG” Empty Former Associate Exposes Bloomberg Gun Grabbers… “defrauded by Bloomberg and MAIG”

Post by Rumrunner Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:18 pm

From the DC Clothesline

August 9, 2013 by Dean Garrison

Brian Maher is the Mayor of Walden, New York. In a recent blog post for Misfit Politics, Mayor Maher decided it was time to come clean on his former association with Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG). He cited the recent Fox News reports as his inspiration for coming forward at this time. In his own words, “I was compelled to share my own story how Mayor Bloomberg and Mayors against Illegal Guns blatantly lied and withheld information to get me and several other of my fellow Mayors to join their organization.”

Maher explains how he became involved with the organization initially:

I was asked to sign a “petition” affirming my support for safer communities. I signed, because who would not be for safer communities? What I found out later is that my name was being used in anti-gun propaganda to further the personal agenda of Mayor Bloomberg.

So let’s get this straight. Brian Maher signed a petition (while at a statewide Mayoral conference) in support of safer communities and he was added to the roster of Mayors Against Illegal Guns? He may have been somewhat ill-advised not to read the fine print but, let’s be honest, we have all done it. Now they were using his name and, ironically, Brian Maher is a strong 2nd Amendment advocate. Maher continues…

The organization never asked for permission or asked for approval to use my name to promote their agenda. Never was any information disclosed to me about the organization being in favor of gun control or that they would use my position as Mayor to spend millions of dollars to try to take away the rights of legal gun owners. I, like several other Mayors around the country were defrauded by Bloomberg and MAIG.

As if their fraudulent misrepresentation and unauthorized use of Mayor Maher’s name were not enough, when he tried to quit they attempted to bribe him to stay.

Once I learned of their deceptive ways, it took several months to contact the organization as they concealed information about the people behind the group. After several attempts and requests to be removed, I did finally receive a call from a representative of the organization attempting to “buy me off” by promising political donations in return for my continued membership.

It was not until I declined this payoff, that my name was finally removed.

Maher was used and you can bet that he is not the only one. He wrote his blog post in hope that other Mayors would share their stories and expose Mayor Michael Bloomberg for what he is.

There are no rules of fair play for men like Bloomberg. To an ego-maniac like Bloomberg the thought is that end will always justify the means.

Kudos to Mayor Brian Maher for coming forward and sharing his story. Though it is quite incredible, I am not sure that anyone will be overly surprised.
Rumrunner
Rumrunner
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down