Upholders of the 2nd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More from: The Office of the Governor, NY

3 posters

Go down

More from: The Office of the Governor, NY Empty More from: The Office of the Governor, NY

Post by Rumrunner Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:37 am

Dear Fellow New Yorker,

This session, Governor Cuomo put forward the most comprehensive and aggressive legislative package Albany has seen in decades to fight corruption. When he put forward these reforms, the Governor made it clear he would not accept a watered-down approach to cleaning up Albany. The Legislature had a choice: Either they could pass this reform package or the Governor would take action.

Since the Legislature has failed to act, today the Governor formally empanelled the “Commission to Investigate Public Corruption,” empowered under Executive Law and the Moreland Act, whose members will be also be appointed by Attorney General Eric Schneiderman as Deputy Attorneys General. The Commission brings together the best minds in law enforcement and public policy from across New York to address weaknesses in the State’s public corruption, election and campaign finance laws, ensure transparency and accountability, and restore the public trust.

Click here to learn more about the commission and its distinguished members.

With the establishment of this Commission, New York State has taken a powerful step in our fight against corruption. Government cannot function without the trust of its citizens and Governor Cuomo is dedicated to ensuring all New York State public officials are held to the highest standards.

Together, we are making government work for the people again.

Sincerely,

The Office of the Governor

I know Cuomo didn't write this. If so, he is as big a moron as the President.
We don't forget what you did to us behind closed doors Mr Cuomo.
Let the investigations begin!!!!
Rumrunner
Rumrunner
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down

More from: The Office of the Governor, NY Empty Re: More from: The Office of the Governor, NY

Post by Bravo4 Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:46 pm

This one isnt really in the news, but word firsthand from personal contacts I have that are in the military. They are telling me that DHS has been actively recruiting NCO's who have experience combating insurgents in the field in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are telling them if they come on board they will be using their skills to fight insurgents in the US. Funny I didnt know there was a insurgency in the US
Bravo4
Bravo4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

More from: The Office of the Governor, NY Empty Re: More from: The Office of the Governor, NY

Post by Gramps Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:49 am

I'm not so sure we are going to get to the point of revolution here in this country, but I do think we are going to be seeing some sort of upraising from the people in a relatively short time frame.
The views of what has taken place in Egypt have woken many up. You can be sure, the President is well aware that the people of this country are greatly at unrest with him and the numbers are growing. Also, I would have to believe he is spending so much time away from this great land of ours due to fear of the reactions of the people. In a manor of speaking, he is ruling from afar for his own safety.
Mr Cuomo has already cut his own throat. It's just a matter of time before he bleeds out and is removed. November is only a short time away. A smart replacement will go back and make the needed changes in order to get the state of NY back on track.
Gramps
Gramps
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Bravo4 Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Gramps wrote:I'm not so sure we are going to get to the point of revolution here in this country, but I do think we are going to be seeing some sort of upraising from the people in a relatively short time frame.
The views of what has taken place in Egypt have woken many up. You can be sure, the President is well aware that the people of this country are greatly at unrest with him and the numbers are growing. Also, I would have to believe he is spending so much time away from this great land of ours due to fear of the reactions of the people. In a manor of speaking, he is ruling from afar for his own safety.  
Mr Cuomo has already cut his own throat. It's just a matter of time before he bleeds out and is removed. November is only a short time away. A smart replacement will go back and make the needed changes in order to get the state of NY back on track.

I have wondered for some time what is the tipping point where people have had enough and what factors play into it. I have studied the American Revolution and Civil War looking for clues about the American mindset. Americans do seem to be different than many other nations. Many other nation have seemed to more unstable in the recent past, however it seems America is changing and becoming more unstable. One of the principle that supposedly effects the middle east  and drive events like the Arab spring is "youth bulge". A youth bulge being a large youth population who cannot find good paying jobs. This phenomenon allegedly can be predicted to lead to social unrest, and civil war. America currently is experiencing this phenomenon and American leadership has failed to address the economic situation to resolve it.
It does appear American are growing restless and insecure with the behavior of the leadership.  Obama is leading from afar like many kings of the past had done, all for the same reason and ironically the same results - civil unrest. In the past Americans have used election to try to change things, but recently those institution have also begun to be questioned. what will be the end result if like the people of Egypt, Americans lose faith in the electoral process and run out of patience?
Bravo4
Bravo4
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down